Welcome to the new normal!
As the world faces the challenge against COVID-19, a new strain of coronavirus that is still under scientific studies, the right thing to do as of the moment is prevention. We must do what we must as providers of daily living assistance to avoid infection because we do not know that much about it yet.
So when it comes to home health care in Savannah, Georgia, what shall caregivers do to keep their elderly clients safe while sheltering at home? Check the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention or CDC’s (2020) everyday steps in cleaning and disinfecting for you to follow when housekeeping:
- Wear reusable or disposable gloves for routine cleaning and disinfection.
- Clean surfaces using soap and water, then disinfectant. Cleaning with soap and water reduces the number of germs, dirt, and impurities on the surface. Disinfecting kills harmful bacteria on surfaces.
- Practice routine cleaning of frequently touched surfaces. High-touch surfaces include tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, sinks, etc.
- Recommend use of EPA-registered household disinfectant.
- Follow the instructions on the label to ensure the safe and effective use of the product.
- You may also use diluted household bleach solutions if appropriate for the surface.
We are one with you in the fight against COVID-19. And that is why we at Magnolia Total Care are here to provide safe and effective home care services in Georgia? so you and your family can be worry-free. Call us at 912-319-7273 to know more about our services.